Well, apart from three brief breaks in service (didn’t quite know what I was doing with the .htaccess file so the site worked until I edited it then stopped when I uploaded the edited file), the new (WordPress-based site is up – in fact if you’re reading this, then you’re using the new site.
It’s nothing very special – I worked on the basis of trying to replicate, as nearly as practical with my current level of expertise, the site I had before.
I’ve based this site on one of the standard WordPress themes, twentyeleven with some minor modifications. Once I’ve got my head round the plugins and themes etc. I intend to dig further into the background and learn how to create my own theme.
Watch this space!
Updated 7th May 2012: The site theme was updated to a new one (based on the ‘Coraline’ theme by Automattic) which I’m continuing to tweak.
Updated 14th April 2020: Yep – so I’ve changed the site theme several more times since 2010 and it doesn’t make sense to keep posting details on this old blog post so, there you are…
‘three brief breaks in service’ – except then I go and break the Twitter and Facebook pages! D’oh.
All working again now…
OK, so now I’ve worked out how to create a basic child theme… I feel like it’s a good, safe place to start working on customising an existing theme before launching out and creating one of my own from scratch…
Comments are closed.